Culturally-Based Healing to Indigenous People
Based in Colorado Springs and a proud facilitator of the Wellbriety Movement, White Bison provides sobriety, recovery, addictions prevention, and wellness/Wellbriety learning resources to the Native American/Alaskan Native community nationwide.
Make a Donation
Join the Movement
The Wellbriety Movement: Journey of Forgiveness
Wellbriety Recovery Circles
The White Bison Vision
White Bison is a Native American-operated 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to creating and sustaining a grassroots Wellbriety Movement – providing culturally-based healing to the next seven generations of Indigenous People.
The Wellbriety Movement
To be sober and well. That’s what White Bison wants for our community, that’s why we’re a proud facilitator of the Wellbriety Movement. We must find sobriety and recover from the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol.
To Go Beyond
The “Well” in Wellbriety is the inspiration to go on beyond sobriety and recovery, committing to a life of wellness and healing everyday. Many use White Bison’s healing resource products, attend its learning circles, & volunteer their services to help themselves and others achieve wellness.
A Resource to the Community
White Bison offers sobriety, recovery, addictions prevention, and wellness/Wellbriety learning resources to the Native American/Alaska Native community nationwide. Our resources are also available to non-Native people.
White Bison’s Philosophy
• A set of Principles, Laws & Values governs Mother Earth
• Leadership exists to serve the people first
• Leadership existence ensures Truth is given to the people
• Changes are the result of implementing Natural laws
• All Native people believe in a Supreme Being
• Elders and teachings are a guiding force to direct ourselves, families and communities
• There is a natural order running the universe
• That our traditional ways were knowledgeable about the natural order
• When the community leads, the leaders will follow
• Alcohol and drugs are destroying us; we want to recover
• Change comes from within the individual, the family and the community
• Within each person, family and community is the innate knowledge for well being
• The solution resides within each community
• Interconnectedness – it takes everyone to heal a community
• Healing will take place through the application of cultural and spiritual knowledge
• Alcohol, drugs and domestic violence are all symptoms, not the cause. To “heal a community” it must deal with the cause
• The Circle and the Four Directions are the Teachers
in the Four Laws of Change
• Change is from within
• For development to occur, it must be preceded by a vision
• A great learning must take place
• You must create a Healing Forest
• OUR CULTURE IS PREVENTION
All Current Campaigns
View Wellbriety Certified Treatment Centers
Meet our leaders, elders, trainers and Board of Directors.
Read today’s daily meditation from the Elders.
Help Support White Bison Initiatives.
Shop! A Native American owned 8A company focused on healing and wellness for all individuals, communities, and organizations
Get the latest news from White Bison/Wellbriety.
Make a Donation
Get In Touch
Address: 6455 N. Union Blvd, Ste 102
Colorado Springs, CO 80918